Thursday, September 8, 2011

5% of Sales going to Charity for ENTIRE YEAR

I previously wrote a little about my belief in the importance of charity due to the fact that I have seen firsthand the effects this downturn in the economy has had on everything from schools, to athletic teams, loved ones and even strangers. I want to do my part and contribute what I can to some organizations that are in need. I am going to donate 5% of the sales of www.MassAuthentics.com to a different charity each month for the next 12 months. I will be asking for suggestions, so anyone that has an idea of a deserving cause please send me a comment or an email and I will do the research to find the best suited charity that will do the most good with our donation. Or feel free to do a little investigative work yourself on the need you think is most important and let me know what you find. I really want to know what you guys think and what's important to you so i'm looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Remember I can only do one a month so i apologize in advance for not being able to do something for every single one. There are a lot of worth ones out there, I do Toys for Tots every year myself and have been since I was in high school. If you have not heard about it, it is run as a program to give toys to children who would be going without during the christmas season. It's really a great program staffed with volunteers that really are doing a thankless job. All they ask is that you bring in a toy that is not used and not wrapped obviously so they can give it to the appropriate child in age and gender. I have seen firsthand what this can mean to children and it's the best feeling in the world to see how excited they are. Just bringing in 1 $10 toy truck can make some kid's whole year, think of that next time your spending $500 on each of your kids. Maybe just grab that one extra and drop it off, it's worth it.

That's one cause I know we will be doing around Christmas so we have 11 more to go guys. Hit me with ideas and i'll do a little profile on each so you guys can decide. I'm thinking of doing it permanently so let me know what you guys think and we can go from there. Thanks for your help everyone......


I know were going to help out, every little bit helps someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment