Monday, February 6, 2012

When he gets a grip, locks his jaw, he just continues to put pressure till you break

It's an sad story that is all too common in our society where younger and younger children are using alcohol and drugs. Often we don't hear about the positive stories where a college student realized he had a problem, addressed it and has not relapsed once. The reason we don't usually hear it is because that is a very very rare occurance. Whether its beer, wine, hard liquor, cocaine, marijuana, heroine, pain killers such as Oxycontin or Vicodin they all have one thing in common, the possibility of addiction and negative life changes. Personally, I'm not one of those people that thinks all drugs are evil and disgusting, and anyone who has tried them is a loser and a drug addict etc etc. It's true that some people can use any number of these drugs for a week on vacation to let loose and then they never cross his mind again but that's not typical. I know firsthand what each and every one of those drugs has done to change lives.


 Drugs are not racist, sexist, culturally biased or even homophobic, they are more then happy to spend all night out with you and end the night back at your place. Before you know it, it's the sun is up, it's 540 in the morning and you NEED something to get back to that way you felt last night. It's a cycle that can take people to places they never could have imagined. Bsdies those friends and loved ones I myself have spent the past 13 years cruising with the devil. It really is scary to think back to some of the places I went to buy, the strangers I trusted, and lengths I went to make sure, NO MATTER WHAT, I got my daily dose of pleasure. 


Over time, without even noticing there was a problem, I began eliminating more and more activities that didn't include my new girl,(Oxycontin) she made me feel invincible but when she wasn't around I felt twice as bad. This was all the hard drugs though, the social stigma attached to them somewhat forces you think a certain way. The thing with Oxy is that its basically legal heroine that can be prescribed. It absolutely does what it's supposed to do, to take away pain as quickly as possible, to ease your mind and body from the searing, sharp, throbbing pains of people....but maybe it does it's job a little too well.


 People are extremely creative and drug users are extremely resourceful. This little pill that was originally orally taken ended up being used in many many unique ways, all of which give you an even quicker release of pain, or just plain ol HIGH. All you had to do was wipe away the shell with water and then you had something completely different. That new pill could be crushed to sniff, broken to smoke, mixed with water to inject and that was only the beginning. 


I bring all of this up not to glorify it at all. I just think it helps to give a little backround to what Hamilton has went through, I'm sure he has some stories you would not believe, I mean you would literally say, BULLSHIT YOUR LYING, THAT COULDN'T HAPPEN. But i'm telling you, it's like an out of body experience, and your not in control. My heart goes out to Josh Hamilton and his family. His loving wife has stuck by him throughout all of this. She has never strayed for one minute of this trouble and if she had I doubt Hamilton ever would have picked up a bat again. I'd personally guess he wouldn't be alive still, but hopefully this one has a amazing ending we can talk about one day when explaining the dangers of using drugs, explaining why it's not cool, why our kids don't need to do it, why they can be better then we were. 


ESPN.com Story Link



+Joshua Hastings
@joshuadavid1121
www.MassAuthentics.Ecrater.com
http://massauthentics.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment