Saturday, December 29, 2012

Who Am I?

ESPN.COM ARTICLE LINK

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer during my career and instead of "giving up", "throwing in the towel" and feeling sorry for myself I fought Cancer like it was an Ali vs. Frasior fight. In the end I had the resources, doctors with the skills, knowledge and expertise to come out not only alive but gaining a new mindset and focus. I was able to push myself through a near death experience and lived to tell the story of how I beat a deadly disease that kills thousands and thousands of people across the world every year. There was a cost though...

I didn't tell the doctors, nurses, kids, or even my parents that I had in fact made a deal with the devil right before I went in to get my first treatment. I sacrificed a few not so important things in order to survive and be all I could be.....the rewards far outweighed the consequences though. Who really needs BOTH of their testicles? Think about how many children, men, and women were motivated and inspired to fight because of the story....whether he used steroids, HGH, cream, clear, cocaine or Heroine, the fact of the matter is that he survived CANCER. HE WON THE BATTLE AGAINST THE BIG C. 

DO I LIKE HIM AS A PERSON? NO. DO I RESPECT HIM AS A MAN? NO! HE LIED TO ME TOO MANY TIMES. MUCH MUCH TOO OFTEN. AM I IMPRESSED WITH HIS RESILIENCE AND DETERMINATION? YES

No comments:

Post a Comment